Daycare Evacuated After New Haven Gas Leak

A gas main leak caused a daycare evacuation.
(Patch)

NEW HAVEN, CT — A New Haven daycare was evacuated Friday morning after a gas leak.

Firefighters found a high concentration of natural gas in the basement of Kathy’s Clubhouse on Townsend Avenue, according to WTNH.

The leak was found in a Townsend Avenue gas main that was made out of cast iron.

Those at the daycare were taken to the Morris Cove Fire Station, according to NBC Connecticut.

Part of Townsend Avenue is closed while crews work to fix the damage. United Illuminating shut power off in the area.

Source Article